Every home now uses LED (Light Emitting Diode) bulbs instead of the typical incandescent lamp. Before purchasing LED bulbs, here are some tips to follow to avoid making an error in your choice.
Check the Life Rating
LED bulbs are suitable for areas where long life and maintenance is crucial. LED bulbs have a highly rated working life which ranges basically ranges from 20,000 to 50,000 hours. This operating life rating is 20 to 50 times longer and higher than the normal incandescent lamp. Before choosing an LED bulb, check for the maximum operating life.
Study the Label on the packaging
On the packages of the light bulb, there must be a lighting label which shows the expected life, the brightness, energy use, light colour, and the approximate energy costs. Reading the label on the packaging of the bulbs gives you an insight of the performance and what to expect in terms of life expectancy.
The bulb should match your fixture
There are different strange shapes of LED bulbs. You will find spotlights, different types of globes, some bulbs shaped like the flames of a candle, spiral bulbs, and floodlights. You should know which bulb to choose for a table lamp, which is appropriate for the ceiling fan light, which bulb will be best for can lights fixtures and so on.
Concentrate on Lumens, not Watts
Lumens are a measure of the brightness of LED bulbs. The lumen of an LED bulb tells you how bright the bulb will be. The Lumens are always labelled on the packaging on the bulb. Do not buy on the bases of watts which are the amount of energy the bulb draws because the measure of watts of an incandescent bulb and that of an LED bulb cannot be compared. For instance, if you are looking to change a 150-watt incandescent bulb, search for an LED bulb with ratings of 2600 lumens which is 25 to 28 watts in LED.
Knowledge of LED bulbs for indoor use and outdoor use
This is very important in selecting a good LED bulb for your home. You should know what type of bulb functions best outside the house, like in the garden area and the type that functions best indoors.
Go along with your old bulb
Bringing your old bulb with you is a certain way to know the LED bulb you are about to buy will fit your fixture since some LED bulbs are heavier and bigger in size than the incandescent bulbs they substitute. You don’t want a situation where you get home after buying the bulb and the heavy nature of the bulb doesn’t allow good fitting. Always go with the previous bulb you used.
Installing the LED bulb
Installing an LED bulb is not so difficult. Let us walk through four easy steps of installing your LED bulb.
- Switch off your lights if not already done, as you don’t want to get electrocuted from old ineffective lighting or get burnt
- Unscrew the incandescent light bulb
- Screw in the LED bulb properly
- Switch on the lights to enjoy the LED energy savings
- Pack of 3
- Save Electronic Bill. Replaces standard incandescent 100-watt light bulb by 11W LED.Lasts at least 13.7 years if used 3hours per day
- Easy Installation. Standard A19 shape with medium screw base (E26). Installs into all medium screw base fixtures directly.
- Daylight 5000k.Ideal for use in kitchens, living rooms, bedrooms and hallways in your table and floor lamps, pendant fixtures or ceiling fixtures
- Great Value.Premium Quality,High-Performance and Cheaper Price than 9watt Blubs from others Brand. Refund Money Freely With No Question If You Don’t Like It.
- SAVE UP TO 85% ON YOUR ENERGY BILL – Buy TCP energy efficient 9 watt LED bulbs to replace your 60 watt bulbs and see the immediate savings!
- LONG LASTING 18 YEAR LIFESPAN – Rated at 20,000 hours based on 3 hours per day. High quality TCP LED light bulbs last longer!
- PERFECT BULB VERSATILITY – These Soft White (2700K) LED bulbs are ideal for use in table and floor lamps, living rooms, kitchens, bedrooms and hallways or ceiling fixtures.
- QUICK & EASY INSTALL – These are standard A19 shaped bulbs with a medium E26 screw base. Simply install this directly into medium screw base light fixtures.
- 20+ YEARS OF LIGHTING EXPERIENCE – Manufactured by TCP Lighting, a leader in LED innovation. You can trust us. We know light.
- This Philips 60 Watt equivalent consumes 10.5 watts of energy, saving you up to $136.13 in energy costs
- New sleek, flat design is ideal for use in wall sconces, table and floor lamps, open pendant or ceiling fixtures
- Extra long lifetime of 22.8 years – reduces the hassle of frequent replacement
- Safe for the environment and your home – durable design and mercury-free
- Dimmable and provides a soft, comfortable light
- Packaging May Vary
- BEST IN – Best for bedrooms and living rooms; providing a traditional warm, cozy feel to them. Need help? Contact us.
- SAVE ENERGY – Replace 25W incandescent bulbs with these amazing 3W LED Bulbs.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE – No Warm Up, Color Rendering Index: RA>80. Excellent Color Consistency.
- Bulbs Brightness is 100 lumens/watt, Total 300lumens, Brightness fade way by 5% each year, it means the bulb will keep 95% brightness of past year.
- COMPLIANCE: CCC, CE, RoHS
- 4-Pack LED Dimmable Bright White Lights
- Light Appearance: 3000K. Brightness: 1600 lumens.
- Rated life: 15,000 hours. Estimated yearly Energy Cost: $1.81. Life: 13.7 years, based on 3hrs/day. Enery Used 15 watts.
- Save approximately $560 in energy costs per pack of 4.